Thursday, January 7, 2010

Shout out to friends who are like family...

Maybe I don't say it enough but I have the greatest friends! I have been so lucky over the years to maintain the friendships that matter. It's not always easy. Friendships take time, patience and a willingness to grow together, even when you're very different. I have to admit... I've had to let some slide over the years. As I get older, I start to see more clearly who is worth the time to keep a connection with. Some may not even connect with me that often but the friendship is still as real as ever. Others, it gets harder and harder to find something in common, to find time to chat, to get along even.

But today I want to give a big "shout out" to my girls who are like family. Heck, they are family!

You know the ones. The ones who step in when you need them, and not because they have to but because they want to. The ones who you can pick up with like no time has passed. The ones who your children love more than you- or so it would seem! The ones that make you feel so at home in their home and are comfortable in yours. The ones who no matter the distance feel like their just around the corner but also make you sick wishing they really were. They're the ones I'm talking about.

Girls- and you know who you are- I feel blessed. I am grateful. Thank you.

No comments: