Sunday, October 25, 2009

Sunday Sweet Sunday

I so loved today! We got up and puttered around. I did a little school stuff. Gavin played Wii. Shawn worked outside in the trailer- winterizing. Then we headed into town to go see "Where the Wild Things Are". Gavin so loves this book and he listens to it on tape too! It's definitely one of my faves. So, when the previews started I absolutely loved them. The music, the scenes from the movie- the whole bit just evoked some sort of sentimental feeling inside me.

So, we were all so excited to see it. I'd heard it was pretty deep and had some darker moments. It is PG but I have to say, Gavin was a great age because he didn't understand, nor even realize the deeper stuff, but just enjoyed it on a purely entertaining level. Shawn and I were quite the opposite. Maybe it was our mood or I don't know but we both left feeling like that movie brought out a whole lot of emotions. It's quite emotional near the end- I don't want to give it away- but we were all quite teary eyed. Poor Gav was downright devastated. He gets pretty sensitive to that kind of stuff and he just couldn't hold it in- which made things even harder for us!

The way the movie is made, the characters, the soundtrack and the story all made this movie absolutely fabulous! Definitely provoked some good discussion in the car afterwards.

So then we were off to do some serious grocery shopping- still talking about the movie, of course. I love a good grocery trip. We were all really into it and bought lots of fun and yummy stuff. I get all happy when the refrigerator is all full and colourful. I love all the fresh fruits and vegetables. We cooked a delicious seafood dinner with trout, catfish and noodle wrapped shrimp, accompanied by pancetta vinagrette and brussel sprouts- oh and fresh multigrain italian bread. Did I mention the wine? Our new favourite- Sandbanks WAVES! Loved it.

Shawn & Gav carved the pumpkin tonight. It was super cute to see him drawing out all his designs prior to carving. We saved every seed- to roast, naturally!

Anyhoo, great Sunday night television. Relaxing on the couch. The only thing that might have made it a little better was the sound of good ole football game going in the background while baking up some pumpkin bread. Save it for next weekend!

No comments: