Friday, January 30, 2009

TGIF

Oh how I love a Friday night! There is absolutely nothing better than going for a drink with the work gang and then heading home for some snuggly clothes and a good movie. Not sure what the movie will be yet but I am loving my lulu pants!
This weekend is going to be a busy one... isn't it always? I really love how lucky we are to have so many friends and fun things to do but do I ever look forward to the weekend when we have nothing going on. Not so sure when that will be again!
Tomorrow, we will head out to take Gavin to music lessons. This is always a relaxing, and entertaining, time. We sip coffee and Gavin bangs on the drum and piano keys while Carol patiently coaxes him into compliance.
After music, we're heading to Rob's house for his annual "Hockey on the Hill" festivities. Everyone is drafted onto a hockey team and the kids run amuck, all the while, cold beer is a chillin'. Really, does it get any better than that?
And then... Shawn and Gavin are off to the Bulls game with the Hicks family! This is Gavin's first official game and he is so looking forward to it!
And me? Well, I really NEED to finish Breaking Dawn so I can live again without the pressure of finishing a book. I have absolutely loved this series but I do remember why I do not read series very often. I get too wrapped up in reading them all and I cannot read anything but that. It's far too much pressure for me.
So, I will finish the series and move on.
Sunday, we do nothing.

No comments: