Sunday, July 20, 2008

Our Yard Takes Shape

Those of you who know me well, know that I'm not much of a green thumb. I guess I could be but I don't really have the ambition... sadly. I really like the 'idea' of having a beautiful garden but can't really manage to maintain this. I love a good vegetable garden but again, Shawn does all of this too.
So, we enlisted the help of Shawn's brother Greg. Thankfully, our yard is starting to look somewhat normal again.
The pictures aren't true "befores" as they were taking once the old walkway was already ripped up. But you get the idea. Still not done but well on it's way to beautiful. We also purchased new outdoor lighting, which has made a huge difference from our chintzy little white ones. The interlock walkway and stairs probably make the biggest difference. I LOVE this front stairway area! The plants are lovely but I must say I am a little concerned about the amount and size of the new beds. Yikes.. seems like a lot of work to me. Greg assures me that it's low maintenance. Gosh.. I sure hope so. Can't wait for it to be done and to show it off! For those of you who love to laugh at our brown grass.... we are in the works for our new irrigation system! Green grass is in our future!



No comments: