Saturday, January 26, 2008

Fresh Air & Exercise... Just What the Doctor Ordered!



I'm so tired of being sick. This cold has been hanging on forever! I never really seem to feel 100%. Today I knew that I couldn't sit around and hope to feel better but that I actually needed to get out and do what I know to be healthy and good for us. We packed up Faith... she was so excited! We packed up Gavin.... he was so excited! We headed out to Goodrich Loomis conservation area... about 10 minutes from home.

It's so beautiful there. I just love the kind of weather we had today. Fresh. Crisp. Still. Light snow falling. It's the perfect kind of day for a hike. We just walked along in a nice quiet way... well, as quiet as possible with Gavin yelling at me..."Hey Mom. Watch this. Do you think this is funny?", every two seconds!

That kind of quiet is the kind where you can really take some time and just think about stuff. Shawn walked ahead pulling Gavin in the toboggan and I walked close behind with Faith. I took a lot of deep breaths, hoping at some point that all the fresh air would free me from this cough. It may not have cured my cough but it did force to take some time for me and relax my mind. I just felt so calm and peaceful walking through the woods. I needed that.

Now we're home. Shawn's napping on the couch. Gavin's watching Ratatouille... again and I am getting ready to prepare a yummy supper. We are having salmon with lemon & herb spinach salad and green beans. Delicious! Now for a glass of wine and a toast to a healthy day.... in hopes of a healthy body!

No comments: