Thursday, August 30, 2007

A connection like no other...




This connection between Shawn and Gavin is outstanding and unique. Gavin truly idolizes this man. Shawn claims it all began in the hospital when he was the first to hold him. But I think it's soooo much more than that.
If you know me, you know that I am the "school teacher" strict one and Shawn... not so much. He's a big softy who would let Gavin do anything he wants if it weren't for commonsense. He's the "fun guy". He does all the cool guy things.
As for me, I'm fine and dandy when dad's not here but as soon as he pulls in, he wants dad. Shawn is always telling me that I will love this when he's off with him at the hunting camp, playing sports, fishing or whatever. But I keep holding on, imagining him running through the door, lifting me up and swinging me around... all the time loving me!
Don't get me wrong, I love their connection. I guess I just want some for me too. But for now I will hold on to my dream of him and hope for the best. I know he needs me.

No comments: